Friday, November 25, 2011
GRAHAM Silverstone Stowe Racing Limited Edition
If it’s attention you’re after no one will miss this bright canary yellow monster from GRAHAM on your wrist.
The watch takes its name from Stowe Corner which is one of the fastest on the legendary British Silverstone Grand Prix circuit. The drivers arrive at 300 km/h from the Hanger straight, tap the brakes and launch in towards the apex in 4th gear.
In addition to showing the hours, minutes and seconds, the watch sports 30-minute and 60-second chronograph counters, a tachymeter scale - useful for calculating speed over a given distance. The watch distinguishes itself by its sporty carbon fibre dial base, enhanced by an unmissable yellow rim with minute scale.
The crown is secured by an additional hexagonal bolt, whereas the oval pushers for the chronograph controls bear the same sure grip surface as the pedals of a racing car.
The watch is powered by the GRAHAM bi-compax chronograph movement, with a 48-hour power reserve. It comes on a thick wedge of a black tyre tread rubber strap and is limited to just 250 pieces, so the race is on to get hold of one.
• 48 mm steel case
• Calibre G1721, automatic bi-compax chronograph, flyback, 28 jewels, 28’800
• A/h (4Hz), Incabloc shock absorber, 48 hours power reserve,
• Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both faces,
• See-through sapphire case back with limited edition serial number
• Black tyre tread rubber strap with yellow inset