The L.U.C 8HF houses the first high-frequency (8Hz) escapement to have successfully undergone the rigorous tests conducted by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute COSC.
57,600 vibrations/hour, COSC certified
Following several years of development, Chopard engineers have succeeded in perfecting a mechanical movement beating at a frequency of 8 Hz, meaning 57,600 vibrations per hour and meeting the most stringent Swiss watchmaking standards.
In addition to its COSC certified precision, this L.U.C 01.06-L movement is compatible with almost all existing L.U.C movements developed by Chopard Manufacture.
High Frequency for enhanced reliability
The key benefit of high frequency in watchmaking applications lies in a significant improvement in the precision timekeeping properties of a calibre, particularly in terms of rate resumption and stability. A higher number of vibrations of the balance means less sensitivity to disturbances.
The new movement also has a remarkable 60-hour power reserve generated by a single barrel.
The 42 mm-diameter case of the L.U.C 8HF model is made of titanium. It is water resistant to 30 metres and distinguished by its crown at 4 o’clock, also in titanium and bearing the L.U.C logo.
The date appears in a pointer-type display at 5.30, while the red small seconds hand at 6 o’clock travels more smoothly than 28,800 vph watches thanks to the high-frequency escapement and its 57,600 vibrations per hour.
A magnifying glass built into the half-closed case-back is positioned just above the high-frequency escapement, providing a chance to appreciate its finer details.
The watch comes on a hand-sewn matt black alligator leather strap with a cognac-coloured alligator lining, fitted with a titanium pin buckle. The watch with this new movement is limited to just 100-pieces.
• Titanium caseband
• Titanium bezel
• Titanium crown with L.U.C logo: 6.50 mm
• Titanium monobloc matt black caseback with integrated lugs and magnified window revealing the high-frequency escapement
•Total diameter: 42.00 mm
• Thickness:11.47 mm
• Water resistance: 30m
• Glareproofed sapphire crystal
• Mechanical self-winding: L.U.C 01.06-L
• Diameter: 28.80 mm
• Thickness: 4.95 mm
• Number of jewels:31
• Frequency: 57,600 A/h (8 Hz)
• Power reserve: 60 hours
• Bridges adorned with Côtes de Genève
• Chronometer-certified (COSC)
Dial and hands:
• Silver-grained dial with black small seconds counter
• Rhodiumed hour and minute hands
• Red small seconds hand
Functions and displays:
• Central hour and minute hands
• Small seconds at 7 o’clock
• Date window at 5.30 with red arrow
Strap and buckle:
• Hand-sewn matt black alligator leather with cognac-coloured alligator lining
• Titanium pin buckle
Ref. 161938-3001 First experimental series of 100