Tuesday, July 10, 2012
The Oris Artelier range has been given a new look, yet at the same time, follows an old tradition in watchmaking. The original regulators were large precision clocks with a pendulum, which controlled and regulated smaller watches. The earliest examples were developed as long ago as the 17th century for use by scientists and explorers. The typical appearance of a regulator has always been an expression of precision and legibility. The minute hand turns in the centre while the hour hand is displayed in a subsidiary dial.
The redesigned Oris Artelier case features improved lines of the horns, which integrate into a carefully balanced case body. The indexes on the dial of the new Artelier have also been softened.
This re-designed Artelier with the regulator movement has a round 40.5 mm case made of stainless steel. The watch runs on an Oris Cal 749 which is based on the Sellita SW 220. The silvered dial of the Oris Artelier Regulateur is adorned with guilloche and equipped with applied indexes.
The dial, in the style of a "regulator", features the central minute hand and the hour hand on a separate dial set at the 3 o’clock position, a small seconds hand at the 9 o’clock position and the date of the aperture at the 6 o’clock position.
The polished nickel hands are covered with luminescent Superluminova. The dial is protected by a double-sided anti-reflective sapphire crystal and the watch is water resistant to 50 metres.
Ref. No. 749 7667 4051, Ø 40.5mm
• Automatic mechanical Regulateur movement Oris Cal. 749, based on Sellita SW 220
• Multi-piece stainless steel case
• Silver guilloche dial with applied indexes
• Minute from the centre (Regulateur). subsidiary dials for hours at 3 o’clock and for seconds at 9 o’clock
• Polished Nickel hands with Superluminova inlay
• Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
• Stainless steel screw-down case back, see-through mineral glass
• Stainless steel crown
• Water-resistant to 5 bar
• Leather strap with croco imprint and folding clasp